Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Almond Chicken Slices

Recently I purchased a new cook book, "Chinese Cuisine: Taiwanese Style", and although some of the dishes in it are kinda scary, I am very excited to try some authentic Taiwanese recipes. I must admit I am way psyched that the book is in both English and Chinese, it just feels more authentic that way! :-) So, I decided to play it safe and cook something I knew I would like for my first recipe out of it, so I chose Almond Chicken Slices! Yummm!


First I sliced the chicken into fairy thin strips and marinated in a mixture of egg whites, flour, wine, sesame oil, salt, and pepper.

Next I dipped the marinated strips into sliced almonds.


Then I fried them!


I served them with sticky rice and broccoli, and like usual, I ate with chopsticks! :-)

Yep, this one is a keeper! A little on the salty side, but I love salt, so all the better to me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yumm yumm

xerxesrex said...

keep writing,i enjoy reading your blog, especially the food. thanks for sharing your thought.

Anonymous said...

OMG Savannah... I want some of your cooking!!!